Stowmarket High School fully recognises the contribution it can make to protect children and support students in school. There are five main elements to how we work:
Ensuring we practise safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
Raising awareness of child protection issues and equipping children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
Developing and then implementing procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.
Supporting students who have been abused in accordance with his/her agreed child protection plan.
Establishing a safe environment in which children can learn and develop.
Designated Safeguarding Lead - Ms Claire Ferguson
Alternative Safeguarding Lead - Mrs Jane Allen
Online Safety Lead - Mr Andrew Wright
Safeguarding Governor Lead - Mr Jon Brighton
PREVENT Governor Lead - Mr Jon Brighton
Parents’ Safeguarding Bulletins Throughout the year we will add a parent safeguarding bulletin to this page which will highlight topical issues facing students in school. The bulletins can be downloaded below.
1. 24/7 help, advice and support http://www.nspcc.org.uk/
2. Provides a confidential telephone helpline offering emotional support to any individual on any issue http://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/index.php
3. Advice for parents, professionals and young people on the signs of sexual exploitation and how to keep safe http://www.barnardos.org.uk/spotthesigns
4. Friendly, confidential drugs advice http://www.talktofrank.com/
5. Find the latest information on the sites you like to visit, mobiles and new technology. Find out what’s good, what’s not and what you can do about it http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
6. Your advice, help and report centre http://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
7. Information on a variety of online resources to help keep children safe online http://www.kidsmart.org.uk/